The Spoken Word


For the past several months, I have been working to bring my 2014 novel, How Still My Love, to Audible. 

I fought long and hard for years to avoid releasing an audio version of this, or any of my books, despite countless requests from loyal readers. I had lots of valid excuses - I didn't know how to produce an audiobook, it wasn't worth my time, it cost too much - the list was long. In short, I've never been one who stays ahead of the curve. But then during the early winter months, something clicked and I decided to get my toes wet - I'm not even sure why, but I found myself uploading the book to the Audible site. Why not? What could it hurt?

Within days, I'd found the narrator I wanted to work with, and thankfully, she accepted. Audiobook narrator Daniela Acitelli has been putting her acting chops to good use, giving the story more depth and emotion than I could ever have imagined. 

I'm very excited to bring this story to a new audience.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts